Monday, March 11, 2013

3 Things You Can NOT Blame on your Age

I wasn't kidding about the Superman pants...

One thing that has always bothered me is when people blame their age or the entire aging process for their personal short-comings. Granted, aging does change our livese and eventually there will simply be things that we can’t do anymore, but 90% of the time that I hear someone complain about “getting older” it’s a cop-out. A lot of times, aging is the unarguable excuse that we use to not even try. Well, I’m arguing it. I started to really get crazy about this phenomenon last year when I was grabbing a pint with an old friend. He took one big sip of his beer, slapped his belly and said “well, I guess I can give up on those six pack abs now, I’m going to be 30 in a month.” I bit my tongue because no one likes “that guy” but I wanted to tell him that he had clearly given up on that goal many years ago. Fitness isn’t just something you wait to magically happen to you, you have to go get it. Sure, it will be harder as you get older, but that’s all the more reason to get started! Also he said this at thirty! How would that make you feel to remember that you said that at 70? So instead of ranting to every person in my life who casually jokes about getting older, I’ll just bug you with it instead. There are many things that we can’t blame our age for, despite what the lazy people would have you think, but these seem to be the 3 most frequent:


No comments:

Post a Comment